ARTICLES OF FAITH
The fundamental teachings of the Victory Bible Church International are reflected in the following statements of faith:
1. We believe in the plenary-verbal inspiration of the accepted scriptures as originally given in the Holy Bible. The scriptures infallible and constitute the sole and final authority on all matters of Christian faith and conduct (II Tim. 3: 16; 1 Cor. 2: 13).
2. We at Victory Bible Church International believe in the Eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as One God existing in Three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, distinguishable but indivisible (Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14).
3. We believe in the creation, and the test and fall of man as recorded in Genesis his total spiritual depravity and inability by himself to attain to Divine righteousness (Romans 5:12,18).
4. Victory Bible Church International believes that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day, and thereafter personally appeared unto His disciples (1 Cor. 15:1-4; Rom. 4:25).
5. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Saviour of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very Man (Luke 1:26-35; John 1:14-18; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6).
6. We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation, and person literal and bodily coming again to take away His Church unto Himself (John 14:2,3; and I Thess. 4:13-18).
7. We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the Cross of Calvary by which mankind obtains remission of sins (Eph. 2:8,9; Heb. 9: 12,22; Romans 5:11).
8. We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the Name of the Eternal Godhead in order to fulfill the command of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matt. 28: 19; Acts 2:34-36; 19: 1-6)
9. We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as a real experience at or subsequent to salvation, with the Scriptural evidence, namely, speaking in other tongues as the Spirit give utterance (Acts 2:1-4; 8:14-17; 10:44-46; Gal. 3:14-15).
10. We believe in the Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world and the perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as expressing the true Christian Faith (Eph. 5:18; 2 Cor. 6:14; 7:1).
11. We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit as manifested in the Early Church and exemplified in 1 Cor. 12-14.
12. We believe in the healing of the human body by Divine power, or in Divine healing in its varied aspect as practices in the Early Church (Acts 4:30; Rom. 8:11; 1 Cor. 12:9; James 5:14).
13. We believe in the Table of the Lord, commonly called the HOLY COMMUNION or the Lord’s Supper, for believers. (1 Cor. 11:28-32; Matt. 26:28).
14. We believe in the reality and personality of the Devil and eternal judgment in the Lake of Fire for the Devil and his angels. (Matt. 25:41; Rev. 20:14,15).
15. We believe in eternal life for believers (John 5:24; 3: 16) and eternal punishment for unbelievers (Mark 9:43-48; 2 Thess. 1:9; Rev. 20:10-15).
16. We believe that there is one true universal church, made up of genuine believers but that this one universal church is composed of many local churches or congregations in their various localities. The Local Churches are under the Sovereign Headship of the Lord Jesus Christ, exercising autonomous government under Him in administering all their local affairs and ministry including the propagation of the gospel (Acts 15:33; with Matt. 16: 18; 18: 15-20).
17. Victory Bible Church International believes that secular Government is ordained of God, and that powers that be are ordained as ministers of God to us for the good of us all. To resist the governmental power and its ordinances is to resist the ordinance of God. For the sake of his own conscience and to avoid the wrath of God, the Christian is bound prayerfully to render to all in authority their due custom to whom custom, fear to whom fear, honour to whom honour.
18. We at Victory Bible Church International declare our loyalty to our country’s Government and its leaders, and affirm our Christian duty to offer constant prayer for them and for peaceful change or correction of all ills in government and its ordinances.